Ordering Info + Our Policies
Shipping & Our Process:
- If you select shipping at checkout, we will email you tracking information once your order ships.
- Precise shipping costs and delivery methods (i.e. overnight shipping, 2 day shipping, Southern California local delivery, and Pasadena pick-up) will be calculated at checkout depending upon your zip code & the items in your cart. Please note: you always need to input your full address at checkout, even if you want to pick up in Pasadena, as your shipping/delivery/pick-up options are determined by your zip code.
- We are closed on Sundays. We ship Monday-Thursday.
- Saturday deliveries (via shipping) are always at least $20 more, depending on the size of your shipment - please complete your order and email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Saturday delivery and we will confirm and invoice you separately for the extra charge.
2-day Shipping is $13 flat rate and is for cookies, crackers, care packages, & gift boxes that do not include cheese, donuts, or cake.
Overnight shipping is the only shipping method available for cakes, cheese, donuts, and any orders that include any of these items.
- If your order includes an item that requires a week's notice (our cakes, cupcakes, gift baskets, & cheese platters) along with an item that does not require this notice (cheese, cookies, crackers, & donuts) we will require the one-week minimum notice for the entire order, and ship everything together. To receive your other items sooner, please place a separate order.
- Our cakes and cheese can only be shipped overnight; if you order these in combination with other items, everything will be shipped overnight. If you do not want to pay overnight for all items, please place a separate order for your non-overnight items.
- In the rare event that an overnight order is not delivered in time due to unforeseen weather or another FedEx-related delay, Yvonne’s Vegan Kitchen is not held responsible for the delay. We are not able to refund customers for packages that are received late because of circumstances beyond our control. It is for this reason that we always recommend ordering early.
- Orders are shipped Monday - Thursday. If your order is received by 12pm PST Monday - Thursday, we will ship out same day and you could receive your order as soon as the next day. Please be advised that this might change depending on product availability. For freshness purposes, if we receive your order after 12pm PST on a Thursday, your order will be shipped out on Monday. (We don’t ship orders from Friday-Sunday because packages typically sit over the weekend at FedEx ship centers. Even if an overnight shipment is made on a Friday, it has been our unfortunate experience that they don’t always get delivered on Saturday. We resume filling orders on Monday for that reason.)
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the bakery.
- Orders cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
- If you ordered a gift, we will be in touch with the recipient to let them know when we plan to deliver. If your gift is a surprise, please let us know in your order notes; we will only contact the recipient if we can’t get a hold of them at the time of delivery. We will leave the delivery at their doorstep if we don’t get a hold of them.
Local Delivery Fees:
Local hand delivery is available on all items for orders going to select Southern California zip codes within our delivery radius. If you selected local delivery, we will contact you to let you know when we plan to deliver. If you live in Southern California and are unable to select local delivery at checkout, please email email@example.com to request to be added to our delivery radius.
- Delivery to Arcadia, La Canada, Sierra Madre, Monrovia, Glendora, San Marino, & Alhambra (+$29.00)
- Delivery to Bel Air & Beverly Glen (+$68.00)
- Delivery to Beverly Hills (+$53.00)
- Delivery to Calabasas & Westlake Village (+$53.00)
- Delivery to Cheviot Hills (+$41.00)
- Delivery to Culver City (+$41.00)
- Delivery to Downtown Los Angeles (+$18.00)
- Delivery to Glendale, Burbank, Silverlake, Los Feliz, & Echo Park, & Eagle Rock (+$18.00)
- Delivery to Hollywood (+$34.00)
- Delivery to Long Beach, South Bay, & El Segundo (+$59.00)
- Delivery to Malibu (+$76.00)
- Delivery to Mid City, West Hollywood, Fairfax, Koreatown, & Hancock Park (+$29.00)
- Delivery to Orange County (+$100)
- Delivery to Pasadena & South Pasadena (+$12.00)
- Delivery to Porter Ranch & Simi Valley (+$56.00)
- Delivery to Rowland Heights (+$46.00)
- Delivery to Santa Monica, Marina del Rey, Venice, Brentwood, & Pacific Palisades (+$53.00)
- Delivery to Studio City, Sherman Oaks, & Encino (+$41.00)
- Delivery to Temple City (+29.00)
- Delivery to Thousand Oaks (+$76.00)
- Delivery to Upland (+$47.00)
- Delivery to USC (+33.00)
- Delivery to Van Nuys (+41.00)
- Delivery to Westwood (+41.00)
Free Pick-up in Pasadena:
If you selected free pick-up in Pasadena, we will be in touch via email with the date and time that your items are ready. Please wait for this email prior to picking up your order, as we are not a storefront.
- Our pickup window is Monday - Friday from 9am-12pm at 1190 N. Fair Oaks Ave. #101 Pasadena, CA. If you would like to request to pick-up on a Saturday, please email us.
- You are welcome to write your preferred pick-up date & time in the notes box on the Cart page.
- Any orders marked for “pick up” that are not picked up from our production kitchen after the set time/date will NOT be refunded. Orders that require delivery and cannot be delivered due to customer's wrong information or availability will be taken back to Yvonne's Vegan Kitchen and stored until further notice for the customer.
Standard Cake Orders:
- All standard cakes, cupcakes, gift baskets, and platters require a one week notice (minimum).
- Major changes to your order cannot be made within three days of the scheduled delivery/pick-up date.
- Rush orders are a $30 fee and are ready within one week if our schedule is able to accommodate. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire and include your desired cake design, size, flavor, desired delivery/pick-up date, & any dietary allergies.
- For all rush cake orders: once a rush cake has been paid for, no changes to the cake design can be made; these rush orders are final and no refunds on cancellations will be made.
- If you need to postpone your order for another date, we are happy to move your order to a different date with at least one week's notice.
- If your order includes both a cake and a different item (cookies, crackers, donuts, etc.) we will require at least one week minimum notice for the entire order, as this is our policy for cake orders. To receive your other items sooner, please place a separate order.
- If you are wondering when your cake is going to ship, please check the cake delivery date that you selected at checkout. We will ship the day before your selected date so that your cake arrives on your chosen date.
- Please note: if you requested a Saturday, Sunday, or Monday delivery date for your cake, we will ship on the prior Thursday so you can receive your cake on Friday, as weekend shipments aren’t always guaranteed by FedEx. (In our experience, Saturday shipments are not always guaranteed.) Reminder: we ship Mondays through Thursdays unless you coordinate with YVK to receive a Saturday delivery, which is costlier and again not always guaranteed to arrive on Saturday.
All custom cake orders require a minimum of one month's notice.
Any major changes to your custom order must be made at least a week out from the scheduled delivery/pick-up date.
For a rush custom cake order, depending on the cake design, the minimum rush fee is $50. Rush orders are ready within one week if our schedule is able to accommodate. Email email@example.com to inquire.
For all rush cake orders: once a rush cake has been paid for, no changes to the cake design can be made; these rush orders are final and no refunds on cancellations will be made.
If you need to postpone your order for another date, we are happy to move your order to a different date with at least two week’s notice.
Refunds & Cancellations:
Due to the sensitive nature of our products, we are unable to accept any items back after they have left our production kitchen. All products are the responsibility of the customer once they leave our production kitchen.
If an order marked for shipping has already left our production kitchen, we will not be able to cancel the order or offer any type of refund once tracking information has been sent to the customer.
Thank you for your understanding of our refund and cancellation policies. Any requests outside of the time frames in our policies will not be accommodated. Our policies are subject to change depending on the situation.
For standard items:
- We do not offer refunds or accept cancellations on any standard items.
- If you made a mistake when placing your online order, contact us within 24 hours and we can modify your order.
For custom items:
- If you ordered a custom item(s) and need to cancel your order, we offer a 50% refund if you notify us one week prior to the delivery/pick-up date. If we receive your cancellation notice any less than one week prior to the delivery/pick up date, we are unable to offer any refund for your order.
For rush orders:
- We do not offer any refunds on standard or custom rush orders (the rush fee nor the cost of the items ordered) no matter the amount of notice given. After the rush fee is paid, there will be no refunds given.
We understand that COVID can affect anyone at any time and that events can be cancelled with little to no notice. For this reason, we have updated our cancellation policy for COVID. The below only applies in the event that COVID is involved.
We are unable to cancel or refund any custom orders with less than 1 week notice (or 5 business days).
We are more than happy to issue a refund for standard items (orders placed on our website) with a minimum 72 hours advance notice before the pick-up/delivery date/shipping date. If we receive notice less than 72 hours in advance, we are only able to issue store credit. Please be advised that if your shipped order is already in transit/the shipping label has been printed, we will not be able to issue any kind of refund/store credit.
Store credit can be used for custom or standard orders on website. Orders placed with store credit are unable to be cancelled, no exceptions. Thank you for your understanding of our policies during this time.